About Type 2 diabetic patients and cause of the disease
Generally Type 2 diabetic patients face severe insulin deficiency. The pancreas of Type 2 diabetic patients can’t use insulin resistance properties. At first extra insulin is produced, but over time it can’t keep it up and not able to maintain insulin mount. So the level of glucose (sugar) in your blood is above normal. As a result sugar moves into your cells due to insufficient insulin production in your body. So only sugar is used for energy production. For this reason your body is relayed on alternative energy sources for your organ, muscles and tissues functions.
According to Global diabetes community prediction there are around 35 million Type 2 diabetic patients in India. That means Diabetes is also beginning to appear much earlier in life of Indians with chronic long-term complications. One of the most common factor is implications and unorganized ways in the Indian healthcare system.
Sign and Symptoms
The early symptoms may sign:
- Constant hunger
- Lack of energy
- Weight loss
- Excessive thirst
- Frequent urination
- Mouth dryness
- Itchy skin
- Blurry vision
- Slow wound healing
- Yeast infections
- Poor cuts or sores healing
- Dark patches on the skin
- Pain in the foot
- Numbness feeling in your extremities
Diagnosis for Type 1 diabetic patients
You should consult with your doctor immediately when you feel the above sign and symptoms. Because irregularity of treatment may cause some severe medical conditions like Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), Hypoglycemia, Hyperglycemia, and Complications during pregnancy. Your doctor may recommend the following test for treatment:
- Hemoglobin A1C test: It is also known as glycosylated hemoglobin test. The average blood sugar level of last two to three months is measured using this test. You no need to make fasting for the test, and your doctor will diagnose by the test result.
- Glucose fasting plasma test: you need for minimum 8 hours fasting before the test. The test report will give you the amount of glucose in plasma.
- Glucose random plasma test: The test can be done at any time. If blood sugar level is 200 mg/dL or above signifies that you have diabetes.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test: Using the test how well your body is dealing with Glucose before and after the drink can be predicted. Generally blood sample is collected before 2 hours drinking glucose dose.
Treatment for Type 2 diabetic patients
Type 2 diabetic patients should regularly visit to doctor for treatment and health checkups. Your doctor may recommend you for periodic blood tests to know the amount of sugar level. If you are taking medications, it will definitely help in your health improvement. You should make your regular diet and physical exercise routine for the improvement of your health. Here some medicine are listed, your doctor may refer:
- Metformin: It helps to lower blood sugar level.
- Sulfonylureas: It helps pancreas to produce more insulin.
- Meglitinides or glinides: It helps pancreas to release more insulin.
- Thiazolidinediones: It helps your body for more sensitive to insulin.
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors: There are milder medications helps to reduce blood sugar levels.
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists: It helps in slow digestion and to improve blood sugar level.
- Sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors: It helps your kidney not to reabsorb sugar and urine refinement.