About Diabetic patients and cause of the disease
The level of blood glucose are above normal for Diabetes mellitus (DM) or Diabetic patients. When the Diabetic patients eat most of foods are turned into sugar or glucose that our body uses for energy. The hormone insulin is secreted from pancreas into stomach, helps glucose enter in the cells of our body. In case of Diabetic patient, body is not able to produce enough insulin or can’t use own like a normal person. It causes change in sugar level in your blood.
According to Times of India (TOI) there are around 34 million in rural and 28 million in urban area Diabetic patients in India. Globally around 4.6 million deaths of Diabetic patients in 2011 and caused $465 billion healthcare expenditures in 2011. Diabetic patients lead to the deadly diseases like heart attack, strokes, amputations, and nerve system injuries, blindness and kidney disorders. Now a days these are the major health issues and worries. The disease affects mostly the age group of 20 to 79 years which is nearly 9% of the population in India.
Sign & Symptoms
The people who thinks they are stuffed form Diabetics must consult with an appropriate physician. Initially Diabetic patients might fell the symptoms like:
- Frequent urination
- Excessive thirst
- Unexplained weight loss
- Extreme hunger
- Sudden vision problems
- Feeling numbness in hands or feet
- Feeling tired most of times
- Skin darkness
- Soreness that very are slow to heal
- More unusual infections
Types of Diabetic patients
Diabetics is categorized in to four types according to medical conditions:
- Type 1 diabetes: It is a chronic condition that affect the way body processes blood sugar level (glucose).
- Type 2 diabetes: It is a chronic condition in which the pancreas stops producing little or no insulin.
- Pre-diabetes: It is a chronic condition of in which blood sugar is high, but not Type 2 Diabetic.
- Gestational diabetes: It is a chronic condition of high blood sugar mostly affecting pregnant women.
Treatments for Diabetes
Taking fresh foods, regular physical exercises, and insulin injections are effective therapies for type 1 diabetes. You must take balanced amount of insulin with healthy food intake and daily activities. Change in blood sugar level should be monitored regularly. Some oral medication is required for type 2 diabetic. You should consult with your doctor regularly to know about your future steps in details.
List of Diabetic tests you can Book Online from GoPatho
- DiabAid Profile II
- DIABETES PANEL 2
- DiabAid Profile-1
- Diabetic Profile Comprehensive
- DIABETES MONITORING PANEL
- DIABETES MELLITUS PANEL II
- DIABETES PANEL 2